
Beauty and the . . .
Over a month since the last entry, and just back from the Sunshine State. The picture ? one of nearly a Gbt's worth (for the non technical that's almost 400!) such is the danger of taking a digital camera on holiday.The title? - it's a sort of self portrait, taken with the aid of a mirror in the butterfly house at Cypress Gardens, Florida's oldest theme park. More exotic pictures of American 'wildlife' coming later!

1 Comments:
A lovely flower, and such relaxed atmosphere! Wish I was in Cypress Gardens right now! :)
Btw, hibiscus belongs to the Malvaceae or mallow family, which means it is a close relative of the hollyhock, that "beauty of an Engish summer garden" from a former post on your blog ('summer memories'). That said, we see 'it's a small world' also for plants... Nothing to say about the butterfly, I think I have seen exactly that one on a bramble at Landguard Common the other day... :) before a BIG sea wave came over the land and swept it away. Ok, not exactly that butterfly (which I understand lives in Florida), but surely a very close relative.
Post a Comment
<< Home