

'IT'S A SMALL WORLD'
What a suprise - this blog has only been going a short time and one comment already! Thanks blogger I never really expected an answer to my query. The only connection between the picture and the phrase 'poppy show' was the word poppy. The pictures accompanying this post are a couple of screen grabs from some video shot last year at Disney's 'Small World' ride in the Magic Kingdom Florida - the reason? well blogger next time you come back to Felixstowe take a look to the left as you aproach the Dock Spur roundabout. But don't leave it too long the combines may have been out.!

1 Comments:
Supasnapper, agreed, the world is, betters say seems quite small – sometimes. And sometimes it seems too big - it depends on... the lenses – to use a photography related vocabulary.
Coming back to Felixstowe, I wondered what you meant with looking left from the roundabout. I cycled there the other day and I thought you might have meant the poppies? Or may be the road leading to the Mannings Amusement premises(that remind me in a certain way of the Disney park pics you posted)?
To my comment regarding the 'poppy show' that you said you "never really expected" I admit it was a random 'event' – I actually do not comment so often on other blogs, nearly never on blogs I have no relation to – it was just so that I was looking ("googling") for poppies pics (I was painting poppies, and my own pics/photographs did not reflect properly the proportion between poppy flowers and buds, so I was searching for other pics on the net... but I digress... and I'm getting too.. technical), so I landed at the poppies pic in your blog. As I am always captured by language issues, I then took a minute or two to 'chat' on the expression 'poppy show'. Language(s) is something I love and the turn of a phrase can captivate me sometimes (sometimes too much, may be...).
So far to my incidental 'visit' of your blog.
Actually, you might have thought that with setting a blog you expose yourself to all kind of 'virtual visits' and 'comments' – most of them random ones, unexpected, or even unwanted. I, for one, find blogging a waste of time – yes, still I have myself one or two blogs, just for playing around, or making fun. and I don't invest too much time, or energy in it.
In my oppinion blogging is in most cases an attemp to create an artificial world, with artificial connections, a process that very often reflects the lacking of a wish, or of energy, or of skills to create/shape/mantain a real world, to care of the real connections to the real people we know.
(um... this rambling tone might be due to the hot weather...)
Post a Comment
<< Home